My Wedding Cake Recipe
- 1 box
- duncan hines classic white cake mix
- whole, xl eggs
- 1/4 c
- canola oil
- 1 1/3 c
- 1 tsp
- each of: almond, banana, butter, coconut, lemon, orange, pineapple & vanilla extracts or flavorings
- 2 c
- 2 lb
- powdered sugar
- 1/3 c
- 1 tsp
- each of: almond, banana, butter, coconut, lemon, orange, pineapple & vanilla flavorings/extracts
- of salt, if desired
How to Make My Wedding Cake Recipe
- 1Spray pan with non-stick spray, and line with parchment paper. Mix cake according to directions. Whole eggs will give it a better texture and fuller flavor.
- 2To the mixture add all the flavors/extracts ( 1 tsp each). This cake will not be pure white, but white enough for any wedding.
- 3Bake as directed (350°) until toothpick comes out clean. This recipe can be doubled or tripled. Cool cakes on cake racks until completely cooled. Cakes may be wrapped and frozen, if desired.
- 4For icing/frosting:
Cream shortening. Alternate adding powdered sugar and 1 T. milk as needed. When ½ the sugar has been added, add the flavorings/extracts (1 tsp each). Then continue to add the rest of the sugar and milk. Mix on slow speed until incorporated. Then after each addition is blended, turn up mixer for a few seconds. This lightly fluffs the frosting. Remember to turn mixer back down before adding more ingredience. For frosting, you will need a thinned mixture; for decorating a stiffer icing is needed. Depending on the size of your cake, I usually make one recipe thin, one stiffer. To thin you can add more milk or clear corn syrup, until you have the consistency of mayonaise.(it may take more or less milk than called for. Add as needed for the consistency you want)
- 5Frosting may be tinted with any cake color, and will keep well refrigerated in a tightly covered container for up to 2 weeks.