My Mom's Peaches and Cream Cake
Mary R Morris
- 1 box-butter yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 4 tbs of cornstarch
- 4 cups of chopped peaches-you can use fresh ,frozen or canned freestone peaches
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 cups of whipping cream
- 2-3 tbs of powered sugar
- 1 cup of sour cream
- a few peach slices for garnish
How to Make My Mom's Peaches and Cream Cake
- 1Prepare cake according to directions on the box ,using two(2)8-inch cake pans.Cool and split each layer using a large knife .
- 2Combine sugar and corn starch in a saucepan.Add chopped peaches and water;cook over medium heat untill smooth,stirring constantly.Cool mixture completely..Combine whipping cream and powered sugar in a medium mixing bowl and beat untill stiff peaks form.
- 3Spoon 1/3 of peach filling over split layers of cake ;spread 1/3 cup of sour cream over filling .Repeat procedure with remaning layers of cake.Frost with sweetened whipped cream and garnish with peach slices...
- 4PERSONAL NOTE:::::I have used Cool Whip ,instead of the Whipping Cream .....P.S.Don't tell my Momma I got lazy...I like for this cake to sit in the ice box a while covered