My Favororite Pineapple Upside down Cake
- 1 box
- betty crocker yellow cake mix
- 1/2 c
- butter softened
- 15 oz. can crushed pineapple, reserve juice
- cup dark brown sugar for each pan
- stick of butter cut in half
- 1 1/2 c
- coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
- 9 inch foil cake pans
How to Make My Favororite Pineapple Upside down Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350*
In large mixing bowl with a mixer, blend cake mix, 3 eggs, half stick of softened butter, and enough pineapple juice drained from can of crushed pineapple to equal 1 cup, if it doesn’t measure up to 1 cup, just add water so it measures to 1 cup.
- 2Next melt half stick of butter in each pan over low heat one at a time.
Sprinkle 2/4 cup of brown sugar to each cake pan, hold pan with 1 hand, and with the other hand pat brown sugar evenly into melted butter;
next sprinkle 1/2 cup of pineapple on melted brown sugar mixture and gently pat and spread evenly in pans.
- 3Using a 1 cup measuring cup, pour 2 1/2 cups of batter evenly into prepared pans, and with a spatula spread evenly into pans.
Bake for 33 to 40 minutes and golden, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let sit on stove top burners to cool about a 1 1/2 minutes. Take a platter or plate and lay it over cake, hold with your 2 hands and invert cakes one at a time on platters, and gently tap the top cake pan, then gently lift the pan a little to let out the steam, so the pan pulls away a little, then lift pan off the cake.