Mung Bean Cake With Coconut Milk
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cyellow mung beans
1 1/2 ccanned coconut milk, unsweetened
1 1/2 clight brown sugar (or 1/2 cup thai palm sugar)
1/2 cfinely chopped shallot
3 Tbspvegetable oil
How to Make Mung Bean Cake With Coconut Milk
- In a medium pot, combine beans with 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, until beans are soft. Puree in blender.
- In a bowl, beat coconut milk and sugar until frothy. Add eggs and beat well. Add bean puree and mix thoroughly. Put mixture in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square cake pan (use metal or make sure glass pan is heat-tempered glass, since you will be putting hot pan in cold water later).
- Pour mixture into prepared cake pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Raise heat to 450°F and bake another 25 to 30 minutes, until cake turns a deep amber.
- Remove from oven and immediately immerse pan in 1/2 inch cold water for 10 minutes. Change water to ensure it stays cold and leave pan another 15 minutes.
- In a small pan, heat oil and sauté the shallots until light brown. Drain off the oil and spread the shallots over the top of the cake. Cut into 9 squares. Serve warm or cold.
- Bean cake will keep 1 week in refrigerator.