Blueberry Pound Cake, Mr Toms
Mary R Morris
·1-(8 oz)pkg of cream cheese,at room temperature
·3 large eggs
·1 stick of butter or margarine,melted or 1/2 cup of canola oil
·3 tbls of sugar
·1 box of duncan hines butter cake mix
·2 cups fresh blueberries,or frozen (i use the frozen and let thraw just a bit before folding )
How to Make Blueberry Pound Cake, Mr Toms
- Using a hand-held mixer ,beat cream cheese untill fluffy.Add eggs and beat well.
- Add melted butter or oil and sugar.(you can use margarine instead of butter or oil.)I use butter
- Add the dry cake mix and continue beating untill well blended.
- With a SPATULA ,gently FOLD in blueberries.Bake in 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes or untill tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean...Watch it carefully the last 10 minutes .DO NOT OVER COOK.....
- Personal Note :::I find butter or the oil works best ..I have made this in mini loaf pans for gift giving ..Be sure and lower the Cooking Time if you make in mini pans