Mom's Fresh Banana Cake
2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 csugar
1/2 cbutter or margarine
1 tspbaking soda
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1 pkg(3oz) cream cheese,softened
1 tspvanilla extract
2 1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
How to Make Mom's Fresh Banana Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Puree the banana's and let sit overnight.* You may use them immediately but the overnight sit ripens the banana's to perfection.
- In a separate bowl add baking soda to the pureed banana mixture. Set aside
- Cream sugar and butter
- Add eggs one at a time
- Add flour slowly
- Add banana mixture to the creamed mixture. Mix just until incorporated. DO NOT OVER MIX
- Pour into a greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake for 30 min or just until golden brown. Be careful not to over bake.
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Blend cream cheese, milk, vanilla and salt.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until frosting is smooth and creamy. Check that it is of spreading consistency, if to thick add another 1 tsp. of milk until it is the right consistency.
- Frost the cake, sprinkle lightly with chopped pecans.