Moist & Delicious Gluten-Free Carrot Cake
This cake is chock-full of carrots, nuts and raisins.When ever I'm asked to a friends house or a church gathering I'm always ask to bring my Carrot Cake. I'll be bring this version next time and see if they can tell the dererence. Wood love this version know that it has less calories then my recipe.I know there is a lot of carrot cake recipes here on JAP,but this is a must try.
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- grated orange rind
- 2/3 c
- fresh orange juice
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 4 large
- (15 ounce) package of gluten-free yellow cake mix (such as betty crocker)
- (3/4 ounce)package gluten free vanilla instant pudding mix.
- 1 1/3 c
- grated carrot (about 1 pound carrots)
- 3/4 c
- 3/4 c
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- cooking spray
- 6 oz
- 1/3 less-fat or low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 c
- powdered sugar, sifted
How to Make Moist & Delicious Gluten-Free Carrot Cake
- 1Preheat your oven to 350
- 2Prepare cake by combining the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and beat with a mixer at low speed for 1 minute.
- 3Scrap sides of bowl and beat at medium high speed fro 2 minutes or until batter is smooth,scraping sides of bowl occasionally. (batter will be thick)
- 4Fold in carrots, raisins and walnuts until well blended.
- 5Spoon batter evenly into 2 (9-inch) round cake pans that have been coated with cooking spray.
- 6Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Remove from oven and place of cooking rack and let cool in pan for 10 minutes;remove from pan and cook completely one wire rack.
- 8While cake is cooling, prepare the frosting by adding cream cheese, milk and vanilla in a large bowl and beat with a mixer at high speed until creamy.
- 9Gradually add powdered sugar and beat at low speed just until blended.
- 10Place 1 cake layer on a plate and spread top with 1/2 cup of frosting.
- 11Top with remaining cake layer and spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake.