Moist chocolate-espresso cake w/ malted milk frost
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 pkg
- moist chocolate cake mix
- 1 c
- real mayonnaise
- 3 large
- eggs, at room temp
- 1 Tbsp
- instant espresso coffee powder
- 1/2 c
- chocolate malted milk powder, found in baking aisle
- 3 c
- powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp
- 1-1/2 c
- cold butter, cut into cubes
- thick dark chocolate bar, to make chocolate curls
How to Make Moist chocolate-espresso cake w/ malted milk frost
- 1Heat oven to 350. Spray 2-9" round cake pans w/ cooking spray. In lg bowl, beat cake mix, 1-1/4 cups water, mayonnaise, eggs and coffee powder.
- 2Beat on low for 1 min. Beat on medium for 2 mins. Divide evenly into pans. Bake between 22-24 mins, or when a toothpick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean.
- 3Cool 7 mins, and then transfer to cooling racks. In a small pot, combine 3/4 cup water and malted milk powder. Place over med-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly until it starts to boil. Transfer mix to lg bowl. Add powdered sugar to bowl and then add vanilla. Beat until well mixed and cooled. Add butter and on medium-low beat until mix starts to combine, ( It will look a little lumpy, that's o.k.,) Beat until fluffy, ( about 5-8 mins.) Place 1 cake layer on plate and spread w/ 1 cup frosting. Top w/ 2nd layer Spread the top and sides w/ remaining frosting. Using a potato peeler, scrape it down the chocolate bar to make chocolate curls. Garnish top of cake w/ the curls.