Modica Chocolate Pancakes
·2 cups self-raising flour
·1 tablespoon caster sugar
·2/3 cups cocoa powder
·2 eggs lightly beaten
·1 and a half cups of milk
·knob of butter
·bar of modica chocolate and a little milk to mix in
How to Make Modica Chocolate Pancakes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs and the milk.
- Mix until a thick, smooth batter forms.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and brush with some melted butter.
- Cook quarter cup measures of this mixture at a time in the pan. When bubbles form on the top, flip the pancake over to cook the other side.
- Stack the pancakes and keep them in a warm place while you cook the rest of the batter.
- Prepare the chocolate sauce by melting the Modica chocolate of your choice in a pan and adding a little milk to it until it becomes nice and smooth and runny, then pour over your stack of pancakes and enjoy!