Diane Hopson Smith
Recipe from Cooking Light.
Hope you enjoy!
- (18.25-ounce) package light devil’s food cake mix
- 1 1/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- egg whites
- 1 large
- cooking spray
- 3 c
- skim milk
- 1 pkg
- (3.9-ounce) package chocolate instant pudding mix (do not substitute sugar-free or fat-free)
- 1/2 c
- kahlua (coffee-flavored liqueur) or ½ cup strong brewed coffee
- 8-ounce carton frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 c
- chopped reduced-fat chocolate crisp bars (about 4 bars) (such as hershey’s sweet escapes)
How to Make Mocha-Chocolate Trifle
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F.
- 2Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well blended. Spoon batter into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350º for 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- 3Combine milk and pudding mix in a medium bowl; prepare according to package directions.
- 4Tear cake into bite size pieces. Place half of the cake pieces in a 3-quart clear, glass bowl or trifle dish. Pour half of the Kahlua over cakes pieces, and top with half of the pudding, half of whipped topping, and half of chocolate bars. Repeat procedure with remaining cake, Kahlua, pudding, whipped topping, and chocolate bars. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- 5Points: 5; Exchanges: 3 Starch, ½ fat
Per Serving: CAL 269 (14% from fat); Pro 4.1g; FAT 4.2g(sat 1/3g); CARB 48.4g; FIB 1.1g; CHOL 16mg; IORN 1mg: SOD 467mg; CALC 93mg