Mister Pete's Fudge Sauce
It also is good topping for anglefood or pound cake and cream puffs.
Sorry I don't have a picture. I'll try to get one soon.
How to Make Mister Pete's Fudge Sauce
- In a heavy bottom saucepan or a double boiler heat the cream and add brown sugar. Stir till melted.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the cream and stir to melt.
- When the butter is melted add the chocolate chips.
- Remove from tne heat and allow to sit for 15 min. before stirring. Then stir in the salt and vanilla.
- The sauce will thicken as it sits. Store leftovers in a glass jar in the fridge for 1 week. Can be frozen if you pack it air tight.
- This makes 4 cups of sauce. Also good with butterscotch chips. One lady even said she used evaporated (canned) milk instead of cream and it was still wonderful..