Miniature Fruitcake Cupcakes
If you don't care much for the candied fruit, this is a great substitute.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a perfect way to serve fruit cake! The cupcakes can easily be made ahead of time and frozen. When ready to serve, just spoon on the fruit mix. The Test Kitchen
1/2 boxgraham cracker crumbs
1 stickunsalted butter room temperature
1 tspbaking powder
2 largeeggs, separated
1 ceach: raisins, chocolate chips, chopped pecans or walnuts
1 can(s)small size crushed pineapple drained
1 jar(s)10 oz size red maraschino cherries drained
1 jar(s)10 oz size green maraschino cherries drained
How to Make Miniature Fruitcake Cupcakes
- Fill muffin pans with foil or holiday paper cups.
- Preheat oven to 350* Place oven rack in center of oven.
- With electric mixer, cream room temp. butter and sugar til blended. Mix crumbs, baking powder, egg yolks, and milk. Do not over mix.
- Beat egg whites til stiff and fold gently into the mixture.
- Add fruits and nuts gently folding into mixture. Chocolate chips come in a bag.....any brand will do. Which ever you like, Nestles, Hersheys, etc. Remember...chocolate melts when cooked. no need to chop, cut or smash.
- Spoon into paper cup lined muffin pans. Fill 3/4 full. The egg whites will give heighth to the muffins.
- Bake at 350* 15-20 mins til set but not hard when pressed in center. Toothpick will come out clean when pressed into top of muffin.
- While muffins are baking, mix sugar and drained pineapple and cook til syrupy about 15 mins.
- Slice all cherries in half and mix with cooked pineapple.
- When pineapple/cherry mixture is cooled and cupcakes are cooled, spoon cherry mixture on top of each cupcake.