Milk & White Choco Chip Cake Batter Cookies
*Original recipe found at sallysbakingaddiction.com
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 cyellow cake mix (i used yellow butter cake by betty crocker)
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 stickunsalted butter, softened
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 smalleggs, or 1 extra large egg
2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cwhite chocolate chips
1/2 cmilk chocolate chips (because milk chocolate taste so much better than semi-sweet!)
1/2 ccandy sprinkles
How to Make Milk & White Choco Chip Cake Batter Cookies
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and both sugars.
- Add the egg(s) and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the flour, cake mix, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until all well combined.
- Fold in both kinds of chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Shape dough into a rounded disc like object. Round, but flat. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
*The chilling of the dough will allow for easier shaping - the "tall cookie trick." And will also allow the cookie to be soft in the middle and crunchy on the outside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Either pinch the amount of cold dough you would like, or measure in rounded spoon fulls. Shape the dough into a long oval shape and flatten on the bottom so the cookie is able to stand up while baking. This is known as the "tall cookie trick"
*My photo would not upload. But there is a photo of this trick along with the photos of the actual cookies.
- Bake 10-12 mins. or until slightly golden brown. Mine took exactly 10 mins. The center of the cookie will seem almost uncooked; but after cooling, the center will set right and taste amazing!
- Cool completely or enjoy them right out of the oven. Yuuummmmm!!!