MEXICAN SWEET CORN CAKE
1/2 cbutter, softened
1/3 cmasa harina(corn flour)
1 1/2 cwhole kernel corn( i use fresh or thawed frozen but i am sure canned will be ok too)
1/4 ccorn meal
2 Tbspheavy cream
1/2 tspbaking powder
How to Make MEXICAN SWEET CORN CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a blender or food processor give corn a whirl to chop it up a bit but still leave it somewhat chunky.
- Beat butter in medium bowl until creamy. Add masa harina and water and beat until mixed well.
- Stir the blended corn into the butter mixture.
- In a seperate bowl combine corn meal,sugar,heavy cream,baking powder and salt.
- Add that to the butter/corn mixture and stir until combined well.
- Spread into 8x8 square pan and cover with foil. Put the 8x8 pan into a 9x13 pan and add water to about 1/3 of the way up the 8x8 pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool for about 10 minutes and serve by scooping it out either with a spoon or ice cream scoop.