MARGARITA CAKE - "Diabetic-Friendly"
It's "Diabetic-Friendly" so you can have your cake and eat it too!
This recipe came from a "Keep it Simple" Diabetic Cookbook, so...sorry I can't take the credit for it... :(
- 1 1/2 c
- coarsely crushed pretzels
- 2 Tbsp
- light brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1 box
- (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix or sugar free yellow pillsbury cake mix
- 1 1/4 c
- bottled non-alcoholic margarita mix
- 1/4 c
- canola oil
- 1 Tbsp
- grated lime rind
- 3 large
- egg whites
- 1 - c
- (8-ounce) frozen fat-free or sugar-free whipped topping, thawed
- additional grated lime rind, if desired
How to Make MARGARITA CAKE - "Diabetic-Friendly"
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Coat 13x9x2-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2In medium mixing bowl, mix pretzels, brown sugar and melted butter.
Press into pan.
- 3In large mixing bowl, beat cake mix, margarita mix, oil, lime rind and egg whites until well mixed.
CAREFULLY pour batter over pretzel mixture.
- 4Bake in 350 degree F oven, for 25 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown and top springs back when touched lightly in the center.
Cool completely on cooling rack.
Frost with whipped topping; sprinlke with additional lime rind.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Refrigerate leftovers in covered cake taker.
*** Cake Tidbit: Grated lime rind infuses the cake with lime flavor, it's a must to include!
- 5NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
Serving Size: 1/24 of cake
Calories from Fat 34%,
Total Fat 7g,
Saturated Fat 2g,
Dietary Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 Fat.