Marbled Pound Cake
Bre Van Patten
1 1/2 cflour
4 largeeggs, room temperature
2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cplain greek yogurt (or sour cream)
3/4 tspbaking powder
1 cbutter, room temperature
1 cgranulated sugar
1 cnutella (or spread of your choice)
How to Make Marbled Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter, yogurt, and sugar until fluffy. Add in one egg at a time, mixing until incorporated, and then vanilla. Scrape down sides. In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix into wet ingredients. Spray pan with Pam, or butter the pan. Scoop in half the batter into the pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of nutella randomly over batter. Pour remaining batter over that, then drop more spoonfuls of nutella. With a chopstick or butter knife, swirl the batter. Do not swirl it too much, or you won't get the marbled effect.
- Bake for 50-70 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- *You are suppose to let this cool for about 2 hours, but I can never refrain from cutting that baby and devouring it hot! It is that good!!