Mango Madness Bundt Cake
Cindy Smith Bryson
BUNDT CAKE INGREDIENTS
1 box16.5 white or yellow cake mix (i used duncan hines butter golden cake)
1 boxsmall (3.4 oz.) instant lemon pudding
1 cmango juice
1/2 cvegetable oil
1 Tbspbutter flavoring (optional)
MANGO SYRUP INGREDIENTS
1/2 cwhite granulated sugar
1/4 cmango juice
1 Tbsplemon juice, fresh (may substitute a splash of lemon extract)
How to Make Mango Madness Bundt Cake
- FOR CAKE:
Prepare standard bundt pan; set aside. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine dry cake mix, dry pudding mix, 1 cup mango juice, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 4 eggs, and butter flavoring (optional) with electric mixer until well mixed. Do not over mix. Batter will be of medium consistency.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- While cake is baking prepare your mango syrup:
FOR MANGO SYRUP:
Melt butter is saucepan or in microwave. Add sugar and cook until boiling to allow sugar to dissolve.
- Remove from heat source and stir in 1/4 cup mango juice and lemon juice or extract. Syrup will not be thick.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Poke holes in top (I used a chopstick). Slowly pour mango syrup over cake, taking care that syrup is soaking down into holes.
- Allow cake to remain in pan for 5 minutes as syrup soaks in. Carefully turn cake out onto platter.
OPTIONAL: May sprinkle coconut on top.