Luscious Lemon Poke Cake
When I made it, it looked just like the picture not as pretty. If you like the picture , the end result tastes even better. I am going to try a lemon-lime next time A true keeper.
I got this cake from Jello.com
- baked round white cake layers (9 inch), cooled
- 2 c
- boiling water
- 1 pkg
- jell-o lemon flavor gelatin
- 1 pkg
- jell-o lemon flavor instant pudding
- 1 c
- cold milk
- 3 c
- thawed cool whip whipped topping
How to Make Luscious Lemon Poke Cake
- 1PLACE cake layers, top-sides up, in 2 clean 9-inch round pans. Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals
- 2ADD boiling water to gelatin mix; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Carefully pour over cake layers. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- 3BEAT pudding mix and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min.; stir in COOL WHIP. Dip 1 cake pan in warm water 10 sec.; unmold onto plate. Spread with about 1 cup pudding mixture. Unmold second cake layer; carefully place on first cake layer. Frost top and side of cake with remaining pudding mixture. Refrigerate 1 hour.