How to Make Lower sugar pineapple upside down cake
- 1preheat oven to directions on the cake mix box. Grease bottom of pan only on 13" x 9" pan.
- 2drain pineapple and reserve juice.
- 3heat brown sugar & butter in microwave or on medium setting of stove just until butter & brown sugar are dissolved. Add crushed pineapple. Mix & pour into bottom of cake pan.
- 4Mix cake mix, 3 eggs, apple sauce, and pineapple juice + enough water to equal 1 1/4c. Beat on low speed 30 seconds, then medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees F (shiny or metal pans) or 325 degrees F (dark or nonstick pans) for 33-38minutes. Done when toothpick in center comes out clean.
- 6Cool to room temp the flip on tray or rectangular cake server. Enjoy!!