Lemon Glazed Pound Cake by Lady Rose
Rose Mary Mogan
- 1 c
- sour cream or cream cheese (8 oz) room temperature
- 6 large
- eggs room temperature
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 3 c
- 3 stick
- butter, room temperature
- 1 box
- 3 oz. lemon flavored gelatin
- 1 Tbsp
- pure lemon extract
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon zest
- drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 2 tsp
- lemon extract
- 2 Tbsp
- evaporated milk (use more to make thinner)
- 1/2 stick
- drops yellow food color
- zest of 1 lemon if desired
How to Make Lemon Glazed Pound Cake by Lady Rose
- 1PREHEAT OVEN TO 325 DEGREES F.
In a bowl cream together the softened butter with cream cheese OR sour cream which ever you prefer to use, until it is pale yellow, gradually add sugar a little at a time, and continue to beat until well blended and mixture is no longer grainey. About 6-7 minutes.
- 2Then slowly add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then add lemon extract, lemon zest, & yellow food color if using. Beat to mix well.
- 3In a medium bowl add 3 cups of flour, lemon gelatin, & stir to mix. Then gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture A LITTLE AT A TIME. Beating well after each addition for a total of about 10 minutes.
- 4Spray bundt pan with Bakers Joy. Then pour cake batter into bundt pan. Smooth top of cake with spatula or back of spoon, and place in preheated 325 degree F oven, and bake for approximately 1 and a half hours, or until tooth pick comes out clean when inserted into center of cake.
- 5TO MAKE THE GLAZE: Mix all ingredients together in a small microwaveable bowl, except lemon zest & food color, then microwave 1 minute till butter melts. Remove, add lemon zest& food color and stir till thourgly mixed. DRIZZLE glaze over cake, and along edge of cake and allow it to drizzle down the sides.Add additional milk if you want a thinner glaze. You can also use this glaze for cinnamon rolls or another cake, and for added crunch add chopped nuts on top.
- 6ALTERNATE GLAZE: 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup lemon juice, 1 stick butter,1 Tablespoon lemon zest. Add sugar, lemon juice, butter in a medium sauce pan, & cook over low heat, stirring till butter melts, and mixture begins to boil around edges. Stir until sugar is no longer grainy, & mixture becomes thick & syrupy, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat & add lemon zest. Then poke holes in top of cake with skewer or long tined fork and gradually pour glaze over cake with a spoon,and allow glaze to soak in. Allow to rest for about 5 minutes then invert cake and repeat step if there is glaze left. Allow cake to cool completely before slicing.