Lemon Frosted Pudding Pound Cake
Rose Mary Mogan
It is very similar to another one that I have posted, but instead of using the Lemon gelatin, I chose to use the Lemon Pudding & pie filling along with applesauce.
It turned out moist & very tasty from the lemon enhanced homemade frosting that I created especially for this cake.
It was tart, sweet & tangy, but bursting with lemon flavor.
I garnished it with lemon slices, maraschino cherries, Fresh Strawberries, & lemon slice candy. It made a beautiful presentation & tasted great.
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 3 c
- 3 stick
- butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 c
- sour cream, room temperature
- 1 small
- box instant pudding
- 1 Tbsp
- pure lemon extract
- 1 large
- lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 c
- drops yellow food coloring
- 6 large
- eggs,room temperature
- 1 stick
- butter, softened
- 1 lb
- box powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- few drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 large
- lemon, sliced thin, and halved(garnish) optional
- maraschino cherries, halved(garnish) optional
- pieces lemon slice candy(garnish) optional
- 3-4 Tbsp
- evaporated milk (or as desired to reach spreading consistency
- strawberries quartered, or enough to go around base of cake as shown
TART LEMONY FROSTING
How to Make Lemon Frosted Pudding Pound Cake
- 1I used a large capacity 16 cup Square Bundt pan to make this cake, the batter is not 16 cups but I wanted a variety of different shaped cakes for the reunion. Spray cake pan with cooking spray or Bakers joy & set aside till needed.
- 10Then pour batter into prepared ban at bake in preheated oven for 90 minutes or until tooth pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- 12To make frosting, Cream butter with powdered sugar and beat to blend together in a medium size bowl. Add the lemon juice and yellow food coloring if desired, beating well to blend. Then add enough evaporated milk in one tablespoon increments until desired spreading consistency is reached. Frost cake as desired, and garnish if desired, with half slices of lemons and maraschino halves, with strawberry quarters alternated with Lemon slice candies if desired.