Lemon Filled Sponge Cake
1 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 tspgrated lemon rind
1-1/2 tspvanilla extract
2 ccanned lemon pie filling
·powdered sugar for dusting
How to Make Lemon Filled Sponge Cake
- In a large bowl beat the eggs until mixed and gradually add the sugar until well combined.
- Mix the water and lemon juice together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour , baking powder and salt together. Fold into the egg mixture alternately with the lemon water.
- Stir in the lemon rind and the vanilla and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a non-greased 9" bundt pan (or tube pan)
- Bake @ 350° for 25-30 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean.
- Place the cake upside down on a funnel to cool (this prevents it from falling) ; Remove the cake from the pan and slice the cake in half ; spread with pie filling and replace the upper part of the cake on top of the filling . Dust lightly with powdered sugar.