Lemon Curd Filling (for a three layer cake)
How to Make Lemon Curd Filling (for a three layer cake)
- Place all ingredients in a medium, heavy bottomed, pan.
- Using med/lo heat, whisk constantly until thickened. You will need to whisk a little faster toward the end and even use an on burner/off burner technique. You do not want to scramble the eggs.
- When thickened, transfer immediately to a bowl to stop the cooking process. Place bowl in another bowl of ice water if you want to use right away. Otherwise, cover with plastic when cooled and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use. Lemon Curd can be made a day or two in advance of baking your cake.
- This makes plenty for a 3 layer 9 inch cake. Frost the sides, if desired, with your favorite white icing.
- Note: lemon curd must be kept refrigerated. Your cake can set out for an hour before slicing. Return any unused cake to the fridge.