Lemon Cream Cupcakes
These are a few of my favorite things, and they are so tasty together!
Found out the hubby does not like lemon pie filling, so more for me!
How to Make Lemon Cream Cupcakes
- Prepare the angel food cake as directed by box. Pur 1/4 cup batter into each cupcake liner. (foil lined works best)
There will be left over batter. Bake a small cake, more cupcakes, etc. I just have 2 cupcake tins and that is all I can bake at one time.
- Bake as directed and remove from oven. Let cool completely in the pan.
- Using a bismarck tip, or large round icing tip, fill each cupcake with lemon pie filling. It does not take much, make a 5 second squeeze. You will now it is enough when a little shows around the icing tip.
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form, 3-5 minutes based on mixer strength.
Sift powdered sugar over the top and drizzle with the vanilla paste. Beat in the sugar and vanilla for another 2-3 minutes, until it is firm but not hard like butter.
- Using a large star tip, swirl the whipped cream on the cupcakes.