Lemon Cream Cupcakes
These are a few of my favorite things, and they are so tasty together!
Found out the hubby does not like lemon pie filling, so more for me!
- 1 box
- angel food cake mix
- 1 can(s)
- lemon cream pie filling (or from scratch)
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla paste
How to Make Lemon Cream Cupcakes
- 1Prepare the angel food cake as directed by box. Pur 1/4 cup batter into each cupcake liner. (foil lined works best)
There will be left over batter. Bake a small cake, more cupcakes, etc. I just have 2 cupcake tins and that is all I can bake at one time.
- 2Bake as directed and remove from oven. Let cool completely in the pan.
- 3Using a bismarck tip, or large round icing tip, fill each cupcake with lemon pie filling. It does not take much, make a 5 second squeeze. You will now it is enough when a little shows around the icing tip.
- 4In a large bowl, beat heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form, 3-5 minutes based on mixer strength.
Sift powdered sugar over the top and drizzle with the vanilla paste. Beat in the sugar and vanilla for another 2-3 minutes, until it is firm but not hard like butter.
- 5Using a large star tip, swirl the whipped cream on the cupcakes.