Leila's Beginner Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
- 2 1/2 c
- graham cracker crumbs (my correction)
- 1/4 c
- 2/3 c
- butter, melted
- 4 pkg
- (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- eggs--lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp
- orange juice
- 2 tsp
- orange zest
- squares (1 oz each) semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- whipped cream, optional
- 1-1/3 c
- sugar added to the filling
How to Make Leila's Beginner Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
- 1turn oven on 350* early to have even temperature
lightly grease bottom and sides of 9 in. springform pan; set aside.
Using 2 long pieces of tinfoil cover bottom and sides of pan with it and press to make it fit tight.
- 2prepare all of your ingredients before making the cheese cake.
Have every thing you need on the counter to start with.
- 3graham cracker crust--mix together
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 40 squares,
1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup melted butter.
lightly grease the springform pan and add the crust mix. Using a small glass covered with seran spread the mix over the bottom and up about 1 in on the sides. press the glass against the sides and bottom to make it firm.
Bake at 350* 8-10 min or until set.
Remove and let cool.
In a mixer bowl place the 4 pkg's cream cheese, softened, Beat cream cheese until smooth, add sugar; beat for 1 min. add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. add orange juice and zest; beat on medium for 1-2 min
Set aside 3/4 cup and pour the remaining filling into pan.
- 5Chocolate swirls
with the melted chocolate add the 3/4 cup of filling you had set aside. mix well and drop by spoon fulls on top of the filling and using a knife make swirls. Don't over do it as will mix to much.
- 6Place pan in a large baking pan that is almost the same height. Fill with hot water to a depth of 1 in.
Bake at 350* 45 min or until center is jiggely.
Remove from oven; cool for 10 min. Carefully run knife around edge to loosen;
- 7Cool for 1 hour. Remove foil.
Refrigerate 3-4 hours or overnight
Remove sides of pan and enjoy.