Kentucky Butter Cake
Its also not calorie friendly, but it sure is tasty..... please enjoy!!!
1 cbutter softened
2 cgranulated sugar
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 cgranulated sugar
1/ 2 cbutter, melted
How to Make Kentucky Butter Cake
- Grease and flour a bundt pan, very thoroughly
- cream butter at a high speed in a large bowl, until very light and fluffy
- gradually add sugar beat until light and fluffy and completely incorporated
- add eggs one at a time, continuing to beat well after each addition
- add buttermilk and vanilla
- sift together the dry ingredients and add slowly beating continually on slow speed until all ingredients are mixed in, scrapping the sides of the bowl down occasionally
- pour into the prepared bundt pan, being careful to pour evenly.
- bake for 50-60 minutes on 350 degrees. turn half way thru baking if your oven doesn't bake evenly
- BUTTER SAUCE: In a small sauce pan, combine the sugar, water, and butter and stir until melted.
- add the vanilla, remove from the heat, and pour over the hot cake while it is still in the pan. It will not all be able to be poured on right away, allow the sauce to soak in, pour remainder over the cake, then allow the cake to cool completely before removing from the pan.
- (NOTE: It is imperative that the pan is greased and floured very well or the cake will stick and you will loose the beautiful crust)