How to Make Kay's Cherry Walnut Cake
- Make up cake batter as directed on box mix.
- After mixing with mixer, then you add hafe jar of drained cherries into batter, and then add Walnut pieces into the batter.
- With a wooden spoon, gently fold into batter.
- Pre-heat oven to 350. About 20 minutes before baking.
- On this cake you can either make it in round pans or 13x9 in. pan. Pop into oven and bake till top is light b rown and a tooth pick or broom straw poked in, comes out clean.
- Remove and allow to cool before adding frosting.
- If it is a round cake, then you will want to frost the top pf the first round with frosying only! then lay second cake on top.
- If it is a cake (13x9)pan, then frost the top.
Lay cherries here and there on top of cake. And fill in the spaces in between with whole walnuts.
- This makes a lovely cake and it is so yummy you will want more and more~