Jewish Apple Cake
I slice it and freeze individual slices for lunches or a quick snack.
- 3-4 large
- apples, sliced little less than 1/4 inch thick
- 6 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- 3 c
- 2 c
- 3 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 4 lg eggs
- room temperature
- 1 c
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 c
- orange or pineapple juice
- 2 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
PEEL, CORE AND SLICE APPLES AND PUT ASIDE
MIX TOGETHER AND PUT ASIDE
COMBINE DRY INGREDIENTS IN MIXING BOWL & SET ASIDE
FIRST COMBINE THESE INGREDIENTS AND MIX ONLY UNTIL SMOOTH. DO NOT OVER MIX.
How to Make Jewish Apple Cake
- 1Prehead oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- 2Grease and flour 10" or 12" tube pan. 10" gives you a taller cake and less slices.
- 3Follow instructions under Ingredients , putting moist ingredients in mixing bowl first adding the dry next. and put 1/2 the batter in pan, then put enough apples on top to fill top of batter, then sprinkle 1/2 the cinnamon, sugar mixture on top. Repeat this for rest of batter, finishing with rest of apples and cinnamon, sugar mixture on top.
- 4Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or 1 hour 30 mins., testing with knife until it comes clean.
- 5Best if made a day ahead, covered, right after it cools completely. It will make the cake so moist and flavorful as the apple flavors and cinnamon mix with the cake.