Japanese Cotton Cheesecake
Until, New Year's Eve when my dinner menu was all Japanese, i thought of looking for the old recipe.
This recipee is dedicated to the late Mrs. Tanaka. this sure is a good recipe and it got a lot of praises.
- 238 g
- cream cheese
- 3/4 c
- milk, 2%
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/2+1t c
- cake flour
- 2 Tbsp
- eggs separated
- 1/4 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 3/4 c
- confectioners' sugar ( optional )
- fresh berries (optional)
- 1 tsp
How to Make Japanese Cotton Cheesecake
- 1In a double boiler melt cream cheese in milk. when cream cheese has melted add butter and stir till melted and smooth set aside and cool.
In a separate bowl beat egg yolk and add half of the sugar and vanilla.
- 2Add egg mixture to the cream cheese mixture. Add cakeflour and cornstarch (sifted) Blend till smooth. Set aside.
- 3In a separate bowl, beat egg whites. Once frothy add cream of tartar continue beating and add half of the sugar gradually. beat until stiff but not dry,
Fold a dollop of the egg white into the batter, then transfer the batter to the beaten eggwhites. carefully fold in the batter cut and fold careful not to deflate the eggwhites.
- 4Prepare 8" springform pan cover with parchment paper and make a neck.
Pour the batter, tap the pan to release air bubbles.
Bake at 350 F, 1 hr on hot water bath (bain marie)
turn off oven keep the door ajar for 10 min. before taking the cake out.
Cool in cooling rack for 30min.
- 5Sprinkle with confectioner sugar and topping with fruit of choice is optional
Serve cold. Enjoy!