Japanese Cotton Cheesecake
Until, New Year's Eve when my dinner menu was all Japanese, i thought of looking for the old recipe.
This recipee is dedicated to the late Mrs. Tanaka. this sure is a good recipe and it got a lot of praises.
238 gcream cheese
3/4 cmilk, 2%
1/2+1t ccake flour
1/4 tspcream of tartar
·confectioners' sugar ( optional )
·fresh berries (optional)
How to Make Japanese Cotton Cheesecake
- In a double boiler melt cream cheese in milk. when cream cheese has melted add butter and stir till melted and smooth set aside and cool.
In a separate bowl beat egg yolk and add half of the sugar and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to the cream cheese mixture. Add cakeflour and cornstarch (sifted) Blend till smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites. Once frothy add cream of tartar continue beating and add half of the sugar gradually. beat until stiff but not dry,
Fold a dollop of the egg white into the batter, then transfer the batter to the beaten eggwhites. carefully fold in the batter cut and fold careful not to deflate the eggwhites.
- Prepare 8" springform pan cover with parchment paper and make a neck.
Pour the batter, tap the pan to release air bubbles.
Bake at 350 F, 1 hr on hot water bath (bain marie)
turn off oven keep the door ajar for 10 min. before taking the cake out.
Cool in cooling rack for 30min.
- Sprinkle with confectioner sugar and topping with fruit of choice is optional
Serve cold. Enjoy!