ITALIAN CREME BUNDT CAKE
2 call purpose flour
1/2 cshredded coconuts
1 cfinely chopped walnuts
5egg whites [beat for stiff peaks]
1 1/2 tspvanilla
1 tspbaking soda
1 Tbspbaking powder [optional]
8 ozcream cheese
1/2 cwhipping cream
1/2 cchopped nuts
4 cpowdered sugar
1/2 ccoconut, shredded
How to Make ITALIAN CREME BUNDT CAKE
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cream butter with sugar and add vanilla.
2. Separate the eggs. Beat the whites until soft peaks form - and set aside. Cream the egg yolks, butter and sugar. Set them aside.
3. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients: Sifted flour, baking powder and the baking soda. [it doesnt call for baking powder but I like my cakes to stand high]
4. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture a little at a time alternating with the buttermilk (about 1/4 cup at a time).
- 5. Next mix in walnuts and coconut.
6. With a spatula gently fold in your egg whites into the batter by making the figure 8 pattern.
7. Spoon the batter into your greased bundt pan making it as even as you can.
8. Bake for about 60 minutes until the cake seems firm
- 10. Let it cool for 20 minutes.
For the Icing:
1. With a hand blender cream the cream cheese with the 1/2 cups of whipping cream. Add powder sugar. Blend. Pour generous amount on cake. Sprinkle Coconuts and top off with chopped walnuts. Again drizzle [I like that word] more icing on top on nuts and cocunuts.
Refrigerate the cake until you are going to slice and serve!