Italian Almond Cake
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
2 stickbutter, softened
1 csour cream at room temp
1 tspbaking soda
2 csifted all purpose flour
1/2 tspsea salt
1 1/2 cgranulated sugar
7 ozalmond paste
1/2 tspalmond extract
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
1 tsplemon zest, grated (optional)
How to Make Italian Almond Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter sides and bottom of one 9-inch spring form pan.
- Mix together the sour cream and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Sift the flour and salt into another bowl.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the almond paste, a little at a time, at medium speed, and beat for 8 minutes.
- Beat in the egg yolks one at a time, and mix until incorporated. It will look curdled; don't worry. Blend in the almond extract and sour cream mixture also add in lemon zest. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, just until blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake about 1 hour. It is done when you press the top and it returns to its shape, and also shrinks from the sides of the pan. Remove from the oven and place on a baking rack to cool in the pan. Serve as you like. Enjoy!!!!