IRISH ROSE WHISKEY CAKE by Lady Rose
Rose Mary Mogan
This is my interepation of the recipe with a few changes of my own.
I thought this recipe would be perfect to bake in my ROSE PETAL CAKE PAN.Hence the name.
The hint of lemon & cloves gives it a unique flavor, especially after adding the juice of a fresh whole lemon to the glaze. The flavors compliment each other nicely.
I garnished the cake with green sugar crystals & mini shamrocks, after glazing the cake. This is a small cake. Pay attention to the baking time.
- 1 1/3 c
- golden raisins ( i used the dark ones)
- 1 medium
- whole lemon (zest only at this point)
- 2/3 c
- irish whiskey ( i used jameson)
- 1 1/2 stick
- butter, softened
- 3/4 c
- light brown sugar,firmly packed
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cloves
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 4 large
- eggs, separated room temperature
- 2 c
- confectioners sugar
- juice of 1 lemon (use the one you zested)
- garnish crystallized lemon slices, or green sugar crystals or garnish of your choice
How to Make IRISH ROSE WHISKEY CAKE by Lady Rose
- 16Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until wooden toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Leave in pan 10 minutes then invert onto baking rack to cool completely. Then turn on to large platter.