Individual Blueberry Trifle
- 2 c
- fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 Tbsp
- sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp
- container (about 6 oz.) nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 4 oz
- neufchatel cheese (room temp. reduced fat cream cheese)
- 2 Tbsp
- sweet sherry or orange juice (optional)
- 2 1/2 c
- pound cake in 1/2 inch cubes (half of 10-11 ounce pkg)
How to Make Individual Blueberry Trifle
- 1In small saucepan, stir together 1/2 cup of the blueberries, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, the cornstarch, and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sauce is clear and thickened and berries pop, about 5 minutes;cool. Add 1 cup of the blueberries. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine, yogurt, neufchatel cheese, and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until smooth; stir in sherry or orange juice.
- 2To serve in individual 6 to 8 ounce glasses: Spoon about 1/4 cup of the cake cubes into the bottom of each glass; top with heaping tablespoon of the blueberry sauce and about 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture; repeat; garnish each glass using remaining 1/2 cup blueberries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Alternatively, to serve Blueberry Trifle in a 1 quart glass bowl by arranging in layer, half of the cake cubes topped with half of the blueberry sauce and yogurt mixture; repeat. Garnish with remaining 1/2 blueberries. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
Yield: 4-6 servings