Ice Cream Sundae Cake
Feel free to use more ice cream flavors and toppings
WARNING once you make it, you will be asked to bring it to every event.
- 1 gal
- chocolate ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1 gal
- vanilla or strawberry ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1 1/2 jar(s)
- hot fudge sauce room temperature wet nuts optional
- 1 each jar(s)
- crushed cherries, crushed pineapple
- 1 cup slice
- very thinly sliced bananas
- 1 1/4 c
- crushed pretzles or cookies or brownies
- 1or 2 large
- cool whip topping for icing
How to Make Ice Cream Sundae Cake
- 1This cake can be made to feed any size crowd and keeps well in freezer, just adjust ingredients.
First. line 9x11" aluminum pan (use any size baking pan) with tin foil I use two sheets from in each direction.
IMPORTANT cut it long enough so that it overhangs and you are able to use it to seal the cake while freezing
- 2allow ice cream to soften in refrigerator
spread ice cream into pan pressing down to eliminate air pockets smooth and even out then top with hot fudge and wet nuts. place a piece of saran wrap on top cut the same size as pan, press down then cover with tin foil and freeze for at least one hour
- 3unwrap,discard saran wrap. gently place second layer of ice cream, add toppings and/or a layer of cake on bottom.press down using saran wrap cover with foil.
if this is your last layer cover tightly with tin foil and freeze 6 hours or overnight
- 4remove from freezer and place in refrigerator at least one hour before serving, pull cake out using tin foil, remove saran wrap. flip onto cake plate before icing with cool whip.
I usually don't have a large enough platter that is perfectly flat so I use cardboard cake spacers from craft store
its so easy to transport as it stays frozen hope you enjoy. this is the first recipe I have posted so thank you for your patience with my directions