Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
The hot fudge recipe to this I remember was so darned good.
Hope you enjoy it as much as my family has.
1 pkgduncan heinz moist deluxe dark fudge cake mix
1/2 galbrick vanilla ice cream
1 can(s)(12 ounce) evaporated milk
1 3/4 csugar
4squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
·marachino cherries and whip cream for garnish
How to Make Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
Grease and flour a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan
- Prepare, bake and cool cake following package directions for basic recipe.
- Remove cake from pan, when cool. Split cake in half horizontally. Place bottom layer back in pan. Cut ice cream into even slices and place evenly over bottom of cake layer ( use all of the ice cream). Place top cake layer over ice cream.
Cover and freeze.
- Hot fudge sauce:
Combine evaporated milk and sugar in medium saucepan. Stir constantly on medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
Boil and stir for 1 minute. Add unsweetened chocolate and stir until melted. Beat over heat until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in butter, vanilla extract and salt.
- To serve, cut cake into serving squares. Spoon hot fudge sauce on top of each cake square.
Garnish with whipped cream, maraschino cherries and I use chopped fine nuts.
- I hope you enjoy as much as we do..