HEAVENLY LEMON POUND CAKE (Sallye)
3 stickreal butter only, softened
3 cgranulated sugar
3 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 Tbspdried lemon peel or 1/4 cup fresh lemon zest
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make HEAVENLY LEMON POUND CAKE (Sallye)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
Sift flour, baking powder, salt & lemon peel together and set aside
- Beat softened butter and sugar together until creamy.
Continuing to beat, add eggs one at a time until well mixed
- Alternate adding flour mixture and milk to above mixture until well mixed, ending with flour mixture.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla and beat into mixture.
The secret to this cake is mixing the batter VERY well.
- Fold batter into greased and floured bundt pan.
Cook in preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour
- Then do the old "toothpick test" (you know-if you stick a toothpick into the thickest part and if it comes out clean, the cake is done).
You may need to cook it about 10 more minutes
- Remove from oven and leave in pan for about 5 minute then turn out onto serving plate (you may have to run a knife carefully around the edges to release the cake from the pan).
I hardly ever put any kind of glaze on this cake, but you could if you desire.
- Easy glaze:
Mix 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice and 1-1/2 cup sugar in a heavy sauce pan and cook over medium heat just until sugar is completely dissolved.
Remove from heat and dribble slowly over the cake, allowing it to run down the sides.