HEAVENLY 7 MINUTE FROSTING (SALLYE)
You can use it "as is" or garnish it with anything of your choosing. Enjoy.
- 1-1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 3 large
- egg- whites only
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 c
- light corn syrup
- 1 pinch
- cream of tartar
- 1 dash(es)
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
How to Make HEAVENLY 7 MINUTE FROSTING (SALLYE)
- 1If you have a large double boiler, use it.
If not, fill a heavy deep skillet about 1/3 full of water and place over medium high heat.
- 2In a heavy large saucepan, place the sugar, water, egg whites, salt and corn syrup and place pan in the water bath.
Note: This recipe will triple in volume, so make sure your pan is large enough.
- 3IMPORTANT: THIS FROSTING NEEDS YOUR FULL TIME ATTENTION WHILE COOKING.
- 4Begin beating with hand held mixer on high speed and continue beating until well blended.
- 5When water begins to boil, turn heat to where water will just simmer.
- 6Continue beating constantly at high speed for about 7 minutes until mixture makes and retains firm peaks.
Wipe down sides of pan if necessary - be sure and turn mixer off momentarily while you perform this task.
- 7When frosting retains firm peaks, remove from heat, add cream of tartar and vanilla and continue beating until well blended.
Is your arm falling off yet? LOL
- 8Spread over cooled cake while frosting is still warm.
Optional garnishes: Sprinkle coconut, chocolate curls over top, or drizzle chocolate sauce on it. I usually leave it plain except at Easter when I make a Coconut cake, dye some coconut green and make an Easter egg nest on top of the cake.