Happy Birthday Jesus Cake
This makes one very large 9 inch tall 3 layer cake or my preference is to make 2 - 8 inch, 3 layer cakes and give one away to a needy family or your church for their Christmas eve service. It is a wonderful way to teach children the true meaning, and that He is the reason we celebrate Christmas.
1 pkgchocolate cake mix
1 pkgstrawberry cake mix
1 pkgwhite cake mix
·eggs, vegetable or canola oil and water to make cake according to pkg directions
about 8 cwhite buttercreme frosting
few dropsgreen food coloring
few dropsyellow food coloring
few dropsred food coloring
DECORATIONS FOR CAKE
·1 tall red taper candle
·box of small red birthday candles
·a small figurine of baby jesus in manger, or mold the baby out of fondant and pipe straw with icing
How to Make Happy Birthday Jesus Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare round cake pans by lining with parchment paper and spraying with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Mix cake mixes according to package directions, starting with white and ending with chocolate (saves washing bowl in between) bake cakes and cool completely. Chill in fridge or freezer until ready to assemble cakes.
- Place first layer on cake plate. Level cake tops and stack layers with frosting in between.Apply a thin coat of frosting to seal in crumbs. at this point if u chill cake again, it will be easier to apply the final coat of frosting without the crumbs getting into it. Smooth frosting with a metal spatula and a spray of hot water.
- Put about 1/2 cup white frosting onto 2 bowls and add a few drops of yellow food color to one and green to the other. Color about 2 Tbl frosting red for berries and writing. Make the colors bright red, yellow, & green. With an icing bag or parchment cone filled with yellow and green frosting(1 each)pipe a large yellow star on top of cake. In a larger icing bag put a star tip and fill with white frosting. Pipe borders on cake, top and bottom. Cut a small bit off the green icing bag so u can pipe a continuous vine around bottom of cake along borders. Flatten and then cut a V shape at tip of green bag to make a leaf tip. Pipe clusters of 3 holly leaves along vine. Pipe red berries in middle of each.
- Put red taper candle in middle of star. and baby Jesus in manger next to it write "Happy Birthday Jesus" on cake.
- The symbolism of this cake is:
The brown, pink and white cake represent Gods people of all the nations.
The snow white frosting represents Christ's purity.
The Star is the star of Bethlehem that led the wise men to Jesus.
The tall red candle represents the blood Christ shed for us and the flame represents His light is our lives.
The evergreen vine of holly represents the everlasting life we have when receiving Christ into our lives.
Every person at the party gets one small red candle which is lit and all together they light the tall red one on the cake with them. Then place your small candles around the top of the cake. This represents how Jesus light shines in your life when you share your faith with others.
Then everyone sings "Happy Birthday to Jesus"