Grandmas Secret Chocolate Cake
3/4 ctomato juice
2/3 cunsweetened cocoa powder
2 1/4 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 csugar
1/2 cvegetable oil
1 1/2 tspvanilla
How to Make Grandmas Secret Chocolate Cake
- pre heat oven to 350f coat 2 8in rounds with cooking spray
- in small sauce pan bring tomato juice and water to a boil, whisk in cocoa until smooth and remove from heat.
- in medium bowl stir together flour, baking soda,baking powder and salt.
- in a medium bowl, stir together sugar, oil eggs and vanilla until combined. beat in cocoa mixture, beat in flour mixture just until evenly moistened.
- divide batter between the 2 pans Bake until toothpick comes out clean. 25 to 30 min.
- let cool , can make a 2 layer cake or use a 9X13 pan ..and use icing of your choice.
I like it best with cream cheese icing.