Grandma's Crumb Cake (or Cupcakes)
1 cgranulated sugar
3/4 cunsalted butter, softened
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspground nutmeg
1 tspground cinnamon
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Grandma's Crumb Cake (or Cupcakes)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13-x-9-inch oblong baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- With pastry knife or fingers, cut butter into flour and sugar until crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup for topping.
- Add remaining ingredients to flour mixture and stir until just mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and top with reserved crumbs.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- NOTE: To make cupcakes, line 15 muffin tins or cupcake tins with paper cupcake liners, or use nonstick cooking spray.
Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and sprinkle reserved crumb mixture evenly over tops.
Bake as above.