Grandma W's Easter Lamb Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·white cake and ingredients per package
·grease and flour for cake pan
·green easter grass
How to Make Grandma W's Easter Lamb Cake
- The lamb cake pan is in 2 pieces, which lay flat in the front part of the lamb and the back part of the lamb. When cooked and decorated, it looks like the lamb is resting on the platter of Easter grass...
- Grease and flour both sides of the lamb cake pan, especially the ears and face. Put prepared cake mix into each side, and bake to package directions. Remove cake from pans onto wire rack to cool with the center parts down on the rack.
- When cool, put frosting between the front and back, and put onto your serving platter with bits of waxed paper underneath the edges so that you can frost the lamb without getting frosting over the platter. Frost the lamb and cover frosting liberally with coconut.
- Take a jelly bean and cut it in half to make eyes. Apply with a dot of frosting so that it sticks. Take a jelly bean, pink or red, and cut off one tip to make the nose. Apply with a dot of frosting so that it sticks.
- When frosting is dry, gently remove the waxed paper. Then put the green Easter grass around the lamb and sprinkle some jelly beans around it (sort of looks like flowers in the grass). Remember to magically refill those jelly beans!
- Note: If you are looking for a lamb cake pan, I know Wilton used to sell them. If they don't any longer, check ebay or amazon! You might want to get a couple, for kids and grandkids!