Grandma Smith's Apple Orange Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix (any brand)
- red delicious apples
- navel oranges or 1 if they are big and juicy
- 2 c
- granulated sugar
How to Make Grandma Smith's Apple Orange Cake
- 1Grease two cake round cake pans 8 inch or 9 inch. Set aside.
- 2Preheat oven 350
- 3Cook cake mix according to directions.
- 4Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes then take out of pan and cool on a cooling rack.
- 5While cake is cooling, take apples and grate them by hand on a grater. Grate skin and everything except apple core and seeds.
- 6Grate naval oranges skin and inside of orange also. Note: If apples are small only use one naval orange. Try to get a balance of half orange flavor and half apple flavor.
- 7Add two cups of sugar to the grated apples and oranges. Stir and let set so sugar will melt in mixture somewhat. After cake is completely cooled spread some of frosting on top of bottom later. Add top layer of cake and try to go up the sides of cake first and then put remainder frosting on top and spread evenly. Sometimes if your fruit is real juicy your frosting will be used as a frosting that can be slowly poured on top and drip along the edges. Either wayt he cake is moist, and delicious and guaranteed to be a big hit where ever you take it.