Grandma Barbie's Famous Butter Pecan Cake & Icing
2/3 cbutter, softened
1 1/3 csugar
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspvanilla
1 cpecans, chopped and toasted
3 Tbspbutter, softened
3 cconfectioners' sugar
1/3 cpecans, chopped and toasted
TOASTING NUTS: FOR 1 1/3 C. NUTS USE 3 TBSP. MELTED BUTTER: POUR BUTTER INTO BAKING PAN; STIR IN NUTS. BAKE AT 350 DEGREES FOR 10 MINUTES, STOPPING TO STIR TWICE. LET COOL. NUTS ARE READY TO BE USED IN RECIPES OR EATEN AS IS.
How to Make Grandma Barbie's Famous Butter Pecan Cake & Icing
- ICING: In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add milk and vanilla, beat until light and fluffy. Add additional milk if needed.
- Stir in toasted pecans (you may reserve a small amount to sprinkle on top of your finished cake if desired).
- CAKE: In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add this to the cream mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in vanilla and toasted pecans.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 8" round pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and remove from pans. Then let cool completely.
- Shave top off of one of the cakes to make it level.
- Spread icing over top of leveled cake and place second cake on top of it.
- Ice the entire 2-layer cake.
- Sprinkle toasted pecans on top, enjoy!