Gran Marnier Raspberry Cheesecake With Pecan Crust
12 slicewhole graham crackers, broken into small pieces
6 Tbspunsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 lbricotta cheese
16 ozcream cheese
1 ptsour cream
1 1/2 csugar
6 largeeggs, added one at a time
6 Tbspall purpose flour
4 Tbspgran marnier, divided
1 cfresh raspberries
1/2 cfine quality dark chocolate chips
How to Make Gran Marnier Raspberry Cheesecake With Pecan Crust
- Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325 degree.
- Place nuts in a 9" pie plate and roast 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and chop nuts coarsely in a flld processor and remove 1/4 c for garnish
- Add graham crackers and sugar and process until fine.
- Add butter and process until crumbs begin to stick together.
- Press crumbs into the bottom and 1" up the sides of a 10" spring form pan and bake 10 mintues and cool.
- Increase heat to 350 degrees. Cream together ricotta, cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until well blended, about 3 to 5 minutes on medium speed in the large bowl of an electric mixer.
- Reduce speed to medium low and add eggs one at a time until blended.
- Reduce speed to low and add the flour and blend well and add 2 tbs. of the liqueur and mix well.
- Pour the filling over the crust and bake 1 hr.. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN AFTER BAKING TIME COMPLETE.
- Turn off the oven and leave cheesecake in the oven for an additional hour then remove.
- Cool then chill thoroughly, then remove the side of the pan after running a knife around the edges.
- Garnish the edge with the raspberries that have been tossed with the remaining Gran Marnier and sprinkle the chocolate chips around edge.
- Sprinkle the remaining nuts in the center. Serves 10 to 12