- 1 box
- butter pecan cake mix
- 1 1/2 stick
- margerine -or- butter ... not spread! melt seperately
- 1 large
- 8 oz. pkg cream cheese - softened
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 box
- 16 oz. confectioners sugar
How to Make Gooey Butter Pecan Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and grease 13X9 pan.
- 2Prepare cake mix by adding 1 egg and 1 stick of margarine. Press into pan.
- 3Mix with mixer ... softened Cream Cheese, remaining 2 eggs, then add confectioners sugar (reserve enough to dust lightly over finished cake ... approx.2 Tablespoons) mix well and add remaining stk. of melted margarine ... stir well,stir in vanilla.
- 4Pour over batter in the pan. Bake 40 - 50 minutes without opening oven door ... When done cake will look Fluffy ... after it cools,give it a light dusting of the confectioners sugar. Enjoy!
- 5This is also good with Chocolate cake mix and a lite sprinkle of coconut (or 1/3 cup choc. chips) in cream cheese mixture or lemon cake mix and just a little lemon juice in cream cheese mixture ... use your imagination!