Gluten Free Chic Pea Chocolate Cake
Rose Mary Mogan
- 2 can(s)
- 16 oz garbanzo beans [chic peas] (rinsed & drained)
- 1 pkg
- 12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chip pieces
- 4 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 1 c
- granulated sugar, or splenda for baking
- 3/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract (i like madagascar bourbon)
- 1 Tbsp
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- 1/2 c
- non fat dry milk, plus 1/2 tsp. baking soda, only if using splenda
How to Make Gluten Free Chic Pea Chocolate Cake
- 2Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 1 1/2-2 minutes depending on how powerful your microwave is. Check after first minute.
- 3Combined the well drained beans & eggs in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth in texture. Add the sugar & baking powder and pulse to blend. Pour in the melted chocolate and blend until smooth & well mixed, scrape down the sides to make sure mixture is evenly mixed. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- 4Bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven for 40 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes. Then invert onto a serving plate, dust with powdered sugar if desired. Or do as I like to do serve with fresh strawberries or other fruit of your choice I can't remember where I got this recipe from but the original recipe called for a size of garbanzo beans that I could never find, so I switched it to the size you see listed, and also added the addition of Vanilla Extract. We were very pleased with the results.
- 5NOTE: The addition of nonfat dry milk plus the 1/2 tsp. baking soda, replaces the weight of regular sugar, and therefore gives you the same result in volumn as if using regular sugar.If using splenda please spray top of cake lightly with cooking spray before baking. The Vodka Bottle in the picture is my HOMEMADE MADASGASCAR VANILLA EXTRACT. I order the beans & make my own, because it is much cheeper.