Glazed Banana Bundt Cake~Robynne
I found it and adapted it from twirlandtaste.com.
- 1 box
- white cake mix (i used duncan hines)
- 1 small
- box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 4 large
- 3/4 c
- water (remove 2 teaspoons and replace with extract)
- 1-2 tsp
- banana extract (i use 2)
- 1 c
- mashed bananas (the riper the better, black is good!)
- 1/2 c
- chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- banana extract
- 1 stick
BANANA BUTTER SAUCE
How to Make Glazed Banana Bundt Cake~Robynne
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare Bundt pan by brushing with vegetable oil with pastry brush, and then lightly flour. I use Wilton Cake Release instead of oil and flour.
- 2Using a mixer on low speed mix together cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, water and extract for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and mix for until well blended; approx. 1 minute. Add bananas and mix an additional minute.
- 3Stir in toasted pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan. Note: Many of my family members dislike nuts. As a compromise I add the toasted pecans after I pour batter into bundt pan, so they are easily removed. This cake is delicious without the nuts.
- 4Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- 5Make Banana Butter Sauce:
Add sugar, water, banana and butter in a small pan and heat. Do not boil. Remove from heat and add banana extract; stir. While the cake is still hot and in the pan, pour sauce over the cake. Allow cake to cool in the pan.
- 6When cake has cooled. Place cake platter over the top of the cake, and carefully invert the cake and allow the cake to release from pan onto the platter. Gently lift pan off of the cake. Voila!