1 lbpumpkin, squat (1 to 4 lbs)
1 Tbspbutter, melted
1 Tbspbrown sugar
·non-stick vegetable cooking spray
14 ozgingerbread cake mix
8 ozfrozen whipped topping, thawed
How to Make GINGERY PUMPKIN!!
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Wash pumpkin, pat dry, cut off top to create a wide opening & clean out the seeds, and pulp. (Reserve seeds, if you wish to toast them for snacking later!)
- Spray an 9-inch square pan and set pumpkin in pan for ease of handling. Rub butter and brown sugar on inside of pumpkin shell & set in oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Occassionally, during baking time, baste inside of pumpkin with butter/sugar mixture.
- Meanwhile, prepare Gingerbread mix, substituting applesauce for water or milk called for on the box. Pour batter into partially baked pumpkin shell, filling only to 2/3 capacity. (If there is extra batter, bake it in a custard cup or muffin tin.)
- Bake with top on or off, depending on how you wish to serve it at 350 F, until shell is tender & gingerbread tests done with toothpick. Cooking time will be 1/2 again of baking time on box. For example, such as 45 minutes for regular time, plus another 20 minutes. Just make sure to read box for time.
- To serve, cut pumpkin and cake into wedge-shaped slices & garnish with a dollop of whipped topping. Serve warm at the table, so everyone can enjoy your clever creation. Enjoy!! :)