Ginger Bread (old recipe)
I remember her making this recipe only once or twice but I fell in love with it. I knew I loved ginger bread because of this recipe.
It was soft, warm, spiced just right, and tasted good with a little butter spread on it, like bread.
My mouth is watering!
SIFT TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE:
2 1/2 cflour
1 tspbaking soda
CREAM TOGETHER IN A BOWL:
GRADUALLY ADD, ALTERNATING WATER AND FLOUR MIXTURE,
1 chot water
How to Make Ginger Bread (old recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together: flour, ginger, cinnamon and baking soda in medium bowl. Combine and set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar and molasses in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and smooth.
- Add 2 whole eggs; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture alternating with boiling water, beating on low speed after each addition.
- Spoon batter into greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 350 F, 30 minutes