Ginger Bread Cup Cakes
Maggie May Schill
I decided to make a gingerbread like cupcake... or at least a cup cake that tastes like ginger bread. :-D
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 ccake flour, sifted
3/4 cbrown sugar
1 tspbaking soda
2 Tbspground ginger
1/4 tspground clove
1/4 tspground coriander
8 Tbspunsalted butter, softened
3/4 cbutter milk
16 ozcream cheese, softened
1/2 cunsalted butter, softened
3 1/2 cconfectioner's sugar
2 1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Ginger Bread Cup Cakes
- To make the frosting:
Beat butter and cream cheese together until really fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar. Mix in flavoring until completely incorporated. Set aside.
- preheat oven to: 350'F
- line cupcake pan with cupcake liners or spray with a non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together all dry ingredients, except for sugar.
- In another large mixing bowl cream together flour and sugar.
In a measuring cup pour out butter milk. Add vanilla extract to butter milk in the measuring cup.
- Add one egg in at a time to butter sugar mixture, beating completely before adding the next egg.
- Gradually add flour and butter milk to egg mixture, alternating between the butter milk and the flour mixture until all is completely incorporated.
- Pour out into baking cups. DO NOT tap, or stir. You don't want the batter to lose any air.
- bake for 21 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Cool completely on wire wrack.
- Frost or pipe on cream cheese frosting.
I chose to garnish the cakes with a caramel drizzle and walnuts.